Google Drive is a file storage service. The service is provided by Google. If you store your files on the drive, you can access them anywhere. The share option allows sharing files with multiple users. There is a certain limit for adding files to the drive. Here, you can learn How to Clear Google Drive using simple steps. It’s good to clear the Google drive once in a while.
Table of Contents
How to Clear Google Drive
There are two options available on Google Drive for deleting the files. The delete option offers the facility of deletion of files. Once the files are deleted using this option, you can still restore them. The other option is trash. Once you delete the files from the trash you cannot retrieve them later on. If you keep adding files to drive, it becomes difficult to manage them. It’s better you delete the files you no longer need. Clearing Google Drive will help in maintaining storage space on the drive.
Clear Google Drive
Follow these steps to clear the space on Google Drive:
- First, visit the official site of Google.
- Second, enter the username and password to login to your account.
- In case, you log in to the mail section of your ID, you can still move to the drive. There is square like icon with small squares inside the icon. The icon is on the top-right corner of the screen. Click on the icon and select the drive option.
- Select the files you want to delete. Use the CTRL key in Windows and Command key in Mac. Press the key and select multiple files in one go. The files with larger size appear on the top and the ones with a smaller size at the bottom.
- Drag the files to the trash folder. You will find the folder in the left column. Thus, the task of clearing the drive is complete.
Free Space in Google Drive
Another way of clearing the Drive is by using Trash:
- First, visit the official site of Google Drive.
- Second, log in to your drive account by entering the Username and Password.
- In the left column, you will find the Trash folder just above the Backups folder. Click on Trash.
- Right-click on the files you want to permanently delete. Click on the Delete Forever option.
- Similarly, delete other files using this method.
- If you want to delete all the files from the Trash folder, you can delete them together. On the top, there is a drop-down option with Trash. Click on the option and select “Empty Trash”.
- Again, the drive will prompt you whether you want to permanently delete the files or not. Click on Empty Trash.
- The files will be permanently removed from the drive. Make sure you restore the files you may need in the future.
Google Drive Space Free
Even after clearing the files from the drive, there is some hidden data left on the drive. If you want to know How to clear Google Drive to use these steps:
- First, sign in to the Google Drive Account.
- In the second row on the right corner, there is gear like an icon. Click on this option.
- Select the Settings option.
- Now, click on Manage Apps.
- A list of all the apps will open with the “Options” button in front of them. Click on Options. If your apps consist of hidden data you will be able to view this option. Click on Delete Hidden App data.
- Now, click on disconnect on the prompt screen.